What is your name?
We are the LOS ANGELES COUNTY ASIAN AMERICANS AND PACIFIC ISLANDER (AAPI) DEMOCRATS, a new club officially chartered by the Los Angeles County Democratic Party.
What is your quest?
Our purpose is to build and organize AAPI communities within the Los Angeles County area to make the Democratic Party relative, accessible, and responsive to AAPI communities. Working within the Democratic Party, we seek to
- Enhance the visibility of AAPIs in the Democratic Party through the promotion, participation, and representation of its members in the legislative, executive, judicial and political process;
- Provide a forum to address the concerns of AAPIs;
- Increase AAPI participation in the electoral process through education, advocacy, and voter registration;
- Recruit, train, and support candidates of AAPI origin to run for public office;
- Disseminate Democratic Party values and implement policies of the Party in AAPI communities